The first introductory chat:
First of all, I recommend starting the planning process early. This allows me to secure the best hotels, services and guides for your trip.
On our first chat, I will ask you many info related to the following:
- Which Arctic destinations are you interested in and why?
- What is the main purpose of your trip?
- Which activities and experiences are you interested in?
- What are the must-sees and must-dos on your travel list?
- What types of accommodations and vehicles would you like?
- What dates are you thinking of?
- How do you prefer to travel and get around? Basically, on a self drive or with a private driver guide?
The more information you provide, the better your experience will be.
Short itinerary draft:
After that, I will start working on a first short itinerary draft that suits your preferences we just spoke about above.
At this point, you will have two choices:
- You can decide to get the full experiential trip organized and booked entirely through Arctic Travel Designer. In this case I will take care of the bookings and the itinerary. You won’t have to do anything else. At the end of the booking process, you will receive vouchers for all your accommodation and activities, a complete daily itinerary and a google map (if you decide to do a self drive) with description of all the famous and also the hidden gems of the country, suggestions about what to visit, eat and do for each place and the relevant emergency numbers. I work closely with local tour operators who will make sure your trip is booked and organised to the finest details.
- You can choose to get only the itinerary and the google map and book the rest by yourself.
In the first case, the final price will include everything.
In the second case, I will charge you only the small amount that covers the work done.
Once we both agree on the itinerary and price, as I am not a travel agency and can not accept direct payments, you will pay a 30% deposit to my travel partner Wild Westfjords, who takes care of all payments and bookings. Wild Westfjords is a local tour operator located in the Westfjords of Iceland, registered and certified at the Icelandic Tourism Board.
As soon as the payment is received at Wild Westfjords, they will start to take care of all relative bookings, while I will be busy with your personal itinerary.
Remaining balance payment and travel documents:
60 days before your trip, you will pay the remaining balance to Wild Westfjords and I will send you all your travel documents. At this point, you are ready to go and experience the Arctic!
Be in touch:
By providing you with my phone and Whatsapp, I will be able to stay in touch while you are traveling, offering personal help and daily tips along the roadto make sure you are enjoying your trip to the very best.